"The overriding purpose of assessment is to understand how educational programs are working and to determine whether they are contributing to student growth and development."
– Palomba and Banta (1999)
What you will find here:
- General information for faculty, students and others explaining CSM's Assessment Philosophy and the Assessment Calendar.
- A Faculty Toolkit explaining
- Various purposes to which SLO assessments may be put;
- Suggestions for how to differentiate SLO assessment from other forms of assessment (e.g. grades) or other ways of defining course outcomes (e.g. course objectives);
- Guidelines for writing meaningful, measurable outcomes for a course or program;
- Some suggestions for assessment methods;
- A brief FAQ summary of the above, for those who just want the basics.
- Student Learning Outcomes defined for each of our courses, degree and certificate programs, academic support centers, and student services, as well as our General Education SLOs.
- SLO Assessment Results for courses, programs, General Education, student services and academic support centers.
- Information about the College Assessment Committee (CAC) – meetings, contact information, reports.
- Resources for faculty and others looking to find out more about SLOs.