Accounting Internship Opportunities
Please join us as we bring together employers and professional organizations to help you launch a career in accounting or taxation. The event will include presentations from our special guests and an opportunity to talk one-on-one with presenters to get your individual questions answered.
Information and networking
This is an informational and networking event. Attendees will not bring resumes or ask to schedule an interview.
- Learn about internships, seasonal employment, and career opportunities in accounting and taxation
- Receive a job market update from Accountemps and Robert Half
- Meet professional and networking organizations that can advance your career
- Burr Pilger Mayer (Offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, San Jose, Santa Rosa, Walnut Creek, Hong Kong)
- Frank Rimerman + Co. (Offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, San Jose, St. Helena, New York)
- Moss Adams LLP (Offices in San Francisco, Campbell, Napa, Santa Rosa, Sacramento, Stockton, four SoCal locations, locations in five other states)
- Novogradac & Company LLP (Offices in San Francisco, Long Beach, locations in ten other states)
- Jobs available now
- Current trends in the job market
- How to prepare for the job you want
- Interviewing skills and resume preparation for today's job market
- California Society of CPAs Learn about the steps to become a CPA, scholarships, social events, and networking
- Golden Gate Society of Enrolled Agents Become a licensed tax preparer by passing the IRS Special Enrollment Exam
- Institute of Management Accounts (Palo Alto chapter) A resource for developing, certifying, and connecting the world's best accountants and financial professionals.
- ISACA (SF chapter, SJ chapter) Discover certificates and new careers at the intersection of information technology and accounting
- Accounting & Financial Women's Alliance Enables women in accounting and finance to achieve their full personal, professional and economic potential
- Becker CPA Review and Roger CPA Review Learn about recents changes in the CPA exam and best practices in exam preparation
- Golden Gate University Discuss masters degrees (taxation, accounting) and certificates (international tax, estate planning, and others)
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Explore a career in tax and build your resume by volunteering during tax season
Under the guidance of the California Society of CPAs, the five colleges and universities in San Mateo county (Menlo College, Notre Dame de Namur University, College of San Mateo, Skyline College, and Canada College) have formed a partnership to host special events for students. These events will help students discover the variety of career opportunities available in accounting and successfully take the steps from the classroom to the workplace. The events are free and open to all students and the general public.