Affordable Care For Everyone!
What is Covered California and Why is it Important?
These are questions that our guest speaker, Tyler Smith, Health First Promoter in the Health Benefits Resource Center at Seton Medical Center will answer. Covered California is a one-stop market exchange that will allow Californians to shop for affordable health plans. This will give millions of Californians affordable, quality health insurance that will take effect January 2014.
You will learn about:
- Who qualifies
- What you need to know about the Affordable Care Act
- How Covered California can ease the application process
- Financial assistance for those who qualify
- Who is eligible to enroll in the Medi-Cal expansion program
The presentation is open to all students, faculty and staff. For your convenience presentations are being offered twice on the following days:
- Wednesday, October 23, 12-1 pm
Health & Wellness Building 5, Room 202
- Wednesday, November 6, 5-6 pm
College Center Building 10, Second Floor
San Mateo, CA 94402
Browse Events at this Location