Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- The span of criminal charges that may be charged within a domestic violence incident
- Criminal charges affecting college students (e.g. sexting, stalking, spoofing, pretending to be someone else on Facebook)
- Ethical duties of faculty and staff with regard to suspected incidences of domestic violence, stalking, and sexual assault.
- Practical tips for identifying the dominant aggressor in incidents where there was alleged mutual combat between intimate partners.
- The approach of the DA Office in dealing with certain vulnerable populations, e.g. former foster youth, immigrants, andÂ LGBTQ survivors.
- Resources for faculty and staff.
FacultyÂ and staff are encouraged to bring questionsÂ and insights for panel discussion.
- Coffee and tea will be available from 8:30-9:30 am
- Workshop begins at 9.
- A boxed lunch will arrive at 11 am.
- RSVP to email@example.com state your preference as to a regular or vegetarian lunch.
- Karen Guidotti, Chief Deputy for the District Attorneyâ€™s Office of San Mateo County
- Mallika Kaur, ESQ Staff Attorney/ Maria Segarra, ESQ.
- Staff Attorney/Asian Pacific Islander Legal Outreach
- a representative from Rape Trauma Services - a center for healing and violence prevention.
The team of presenters will also speak on our communities â€œAt riskâ€ populations, and grants three rivers of focus: our Veterans, LGBTQ and Foster Forward (Foster Youth) Populations.
We look forward to seeing you there!