Art of Sequencing with Pete Guinosso
Continuing education series for yoga teachers and yoga practitioners looking to deepen their practice.
In The Art of Sequencing, learn to utilize your breadth of yogic knowledge to tailor unique classes that meet the needs of your students. Learn how to intelligently plan the pathway to each vinyasa class’s peak, allowing students to safely arrive at, explore and warm down from apex poses.
At the end of this workshop, you will be better able to:
- Provide well balanced vinyasa classes that flow more smoothly.
- Choose proper warm up and warm down poses.
- Apply basic principles of sequencing and planning “on the spot” (i.e. teaching who is in front of you).
- Explore new sequences with various areas of focus (standing asanas, core work, balancing poses, forward bends, backbends, twists, hip openers).
- Learn why sequencing is important and how to sequence in a way that helps students safely and effectively explore their experience on the mat.
Pete will provide handouts and homework so the students can continue to refine their new skills.
Register at collegeofsanmateo.edu/openheartyoga.
After thirty years of running, cycling, and competitive sports, Pete was astonished to learn that his biggest challenge and adventure would happen on a yoga mat. Within six months of practicing yoga consistently, not only did Pete feel stronger and more flexible, but he also began to realize the deeper benefits of meditative movement. Known for his joyful energy, compassionate guidance, and sense of humor, Pete creates a spiritual yet light-hearted environment for his students to uncover the deeper benefits of yoga.
Pete's teaching style is best described as a Forrest Yoga Inspired Vinyasa Flow. His classes are designed to help you journey toward connecting your mind, body and spirit through breath work and awareness. Powerful sequences are designed to create a fluid practice of meditative movement, while also cultivating an awareness of alignment. Pete, is creator of Lighting The Path teacher training (Yoga Alliance registered 200hrs), Yoga for Change, Yoga Prankster movement, and travels internationally teaching workshops, conferences, and adventure yoga retreats.
For more information please visit www.petegyoga.com.