The Distance Education (DE) office and Instructional Technologist are located in the Center for Academic Excellence (CAE).
For students, the DE office provides:
- Information about CSM resources for any online or hybrid class
- Online and phone support for questions
- Referrals for more help as needed
- Strategies for making online offerings more student-centered, flexible, and pedagogically innovative
- Suggestions about DE courses that better serve our under-prepared and underrepresented students
- An integrated online "campus" – integrating library, counseling, financial aid and other services into the students' "virtual classroom" learning space
- Online and face-to-face instructional materials to meet Section 508 accessibility standards
- Information about emerging technologies and resources to support the enhancement of teaching and delivery of distance education courses.