Goals of the CSM Athletes as Readers and Leaders Program
- To encourage reading and promote literacy
- To open a dialog with children about the benefits of sports, exercise and academics.
- Provide student athletes with training on how to use basic library resources for academic, career, and personal purposes.
- To provide student athletes with an on-campus community service project that can be used in their resumes for academic or professional purposes.
- To help student athletes appreciate and understand their impact as role models.
- To promote awareness of cultural diversity.