Instructions for Macintosh
To configure your personal laptop computer to use the Library’s B&W LaserJet Printer you will need to download and install the printer driver onto your laptop using Internet Explorer (IE). No other browser will work.
Depending on your version of Internet Explorer and Windows you may need to first Disable Protected Mode in IE..
You will also need to have Java Runtime Environment installed on your laptop.
To install the printer driver follow the instructions below:
1. Using Internet Explorer go to http://csmlib/printers
2. Click on the link Dell 2330dn Laser Printer XL
3. Click Connect under Printer Actions on left side of screen
4. Click Yes to Add Printer Connection
5. The drivers will install automatically
6. When finished, Dell 2330dn Laser Printer XL on http://csmlib can be selected as a printer from the list of available printers on your computer
7. Your print jobs will be available for pick-up at the Circulation Desk. Printing costs 15 cents per page. Remember to use the Print Preview function to limit the number of pages printed.
1. Open System Preferences
2. Click on Print & Scan (or Print & Fax on older versions of OS) located in Hardware section of System Preferences
3. To add printer click on + symbol located beneath the list of printers
4. Make the following IP settings:
Protocol: HP Jet Direct - Socket
Queue: Leave blank for default queue.
Location: Leave blank.
Print Using: Generic PostScript Printer
5. Click on Add
6. Quit System Preferences
7. 10.71.20.33 is now available for printing.
8. Your print jobs will be available for pick-up at the Circulation Desk. Printing costs 15 cents per page. Remember to use the Print Preview function to limit the number of pages printed.