Student Service Program--Counseling
How many semesters have you attended the College of San Mateo?
1. At CSM, students are not assigned counselors; they can choose which counselor(s) they want to see. Do you have one counselor that you meet with on a regular basis (at least once a semester)?
2. When you schedule a counseling appointment how do you select a counselor? (Check ALL that apply)
3. How many times did you meet with the same counselor in the past year?
4. Would you prefer to have an assigned counselor?
5. Is developing a relationship with a counselor important to you?
6. As a result of counseling services, have you been able to clarify a primary educational goal?
7. What is your primary educational goal?
8. As a result of using counseling services, do you understand what you need to do to accomplish your educational goals?
9. As a result of using counseling, are you aware of other support services on campus available for your use? (i.e., transfer services, career development services, financial aid, DSPS, EOPS, etc)
10. Are you associated with any special programs? (Check ALL that apply)
11. How would you prefer to schedule your counseling appointment?
12. How would you prefer to meet with a counselor?
13. What counseling services have you used? (Check ALL that apply)
14. If we offered short informational videos, what would you like to see?
15. Overall, how would you rate Counseling Services?
17. Overall, would you say that Transfer Center services helped you in making transfer plans [e.g., choice of major, selection of a 4 year college; overall college goals]?
18. How can we improve our services? Please provide suggestions for changes as well as experiences that were not helpful.
19. Please name some factors that have helped you be successful academically.