Student Service Program--Counseling
1. At CSM, students are not assigned counselors; they can choose which counselor(s) they want to see. Do you have one counselor that you meet with on a regular basis (at least once a semester)?
2. When you schedule a counseling appointment how do you select a counselor? (Check ALL that apply)
3. How many times have you met with a counselor in the past year?
4. Are you associated with any special programs? (Check ALL that apply)
5. As a result of counseling services, have you been able to clarify for yourself a primary educational goal?
6. What is your primary educational goal?
7. As a result of using counseling services, do you understand what you need to do to accomplish your educational goals?
8. As a result of using counseling, are you aware of other support services on campus available for your use (i.e., transfer services, career development services, financial aid, DSPS, EOPS, etc)
9. Overall quality of counseling services received:
10. What Counseling Services do you wish we could provide?
11. Overall quality of the Transfer Center Services received:
12. Ease of finding the transfer information I needed:
13. How useful were Transfer Center events (e.g., application workshops, university days, college fairs, etc.)?
14. Overall, would you say that Transfer Center services helped you in making transfer plans [e.g., choice of major, selection of a 4 year college; overall college goals]?
15. What Transfer Center services do you wish we could provide?