** 2020 APPLICATION UPDATES **
All Biology courses (Anatomy, Physiology, and Microbiology) must be completed with a grade of C or higher within the past FIVE years. All Biology courses have to be completed after January 1, 2015 for Fall 2020 admissions. Any courses completed prior to January 2015 will not be considered.
There is no recency on the following required prerequisite courses: Statistics, Chemistry, English, Psychology, Communication, and Sociology/Anthropology courses.
Prerequisite Change: Statistics is now required to apply. Intermediate Algebra will no longer be accepted beginning Fall 2020 admissions.
All applicants are now required to apply with a TEAS score (62% or higher required) or a HESI score (70% or higher required). The nursing department will accept either a TEAS score or HESI score for Fall 2020 applications.
Beginning Fall 2021 Admissions, a HESI score will only be accepted and the CSM Nursing Department will no longer accept a TEAS score.
Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
2-year program leading to an associate's degree in Nursing
- BRN - Prior Convictions and Disciplinary Actions
- Apply to the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- ADN Admission Supporting Documentation Form
- Nursing Program Prerequisite Policy
- Policy Regarding Prerequisite Review
- TEAS Guidelines from Chancellor's Office (Updated April 2016)
1-year program for current certified LVNs
- Overview of Nursing Program Courses
- Criteria for Admission of Licensed Vocational Nurses
- LVN-RN Application 2019
Mandatory Information Session
All prospective applicants must attend one of the information session in person for the 2020 application period; no RSVP required:
November 14, 2019 2:00 - 3:00
Building 5, Room 202
December 4, 2019 11:00-12:00
Building 5, Room 202
All attendees are required to either:
1) have Internet access (i.e. personal phone or computer) during the workshop to download the Nursing Information Workshop packet or
2) download and print the following Nursing Information Workshop packet to personally bring in a copy to review with the presenter during the presentation. The CSM Nursing program will not be providing packets to Nursing Information Workshop attendees.
The packet will be thoroughly reviewed during the presentation - for this reason, please have access and/or bring a copy of the packet to the workshop. Thank you.
Information Workshop Packet