eBooks & Audiobooks
Ebook Central (formerly ebrary) [ProQuest]
More than 140,000 scholarly books that are easy to access online and in full text. Browse by subjects – literature, social sciences, life sciences, engineering and technology – or use the search box.
Ebook Collection [EBSCOhost] & Audiobook Collection [EBSCOhost]
Check out fiction and nonfiction ebooks in a variety of subjects including many scholarly and academic titles. The audiobook collection contains 55 fiction audiobooks published from 2002-2010.
Featuring 60,000 ebook titles, enki provides library subscribers with a collection of popular fiction and nonfiction genres including romance, mysteries, travel, technical, crafts, cooking and more.
Reference books on a variety of topics including art, business, ecology, fashion, history, literature, medicine, multicultural studies, international topics, religion, science, and social sciences.
O'Reilly Online Learning (formerly Safari Books Online)
This collection includes thousands of hours of video, exclusive books, learning experiences, case studies, and certification prep for a wide variety of tech-, business-related topics including programming, web and mobile design, hardware, security, and more. This database also includes books on cooking, travel, and other personal enrichment topics.
This collection includes fiction and nonfiction ebooks and audiobooks. These audiobooks and ebooks can be used on a variety of devices such as PCs, laptops, and supported mobile phones and eReaders using the Libby app. For additional help using OverDrive, explore the OverDrive Help site.
Access to online titles from Salem Press. These ebooks feature encyclopedia entries and primary sources. Recommended for health, science, sociology, ethnic studies, history, math, career resources, and more. Search all titles at once using the "Salem Online" link above. Explore some of our new titles by searching the individual ebook links below:
- Defining Documents Series ebooks: Native Americans (1451-2017); Women's Rights (1429-2017); Supreme Court Decisions (1803-2017); 17th century (1601-1700) & 18th century (1701-1800); The 1910s (1910-1919)
- Magill's Medical Guide, 8th edition
- Great Events from LGBTQ History, 2nd edition
- Principles of Sustainability
Featuring academic peer-reviewed books and chapters in a variety of disciplines.
- = Open Access databases do not require Library card login, and feature freely available content
- = Databases with content for use by any Peninsula Library System member; visit your local county/city library in San Mateo County to obtain a free card
- = Databases with content only for use by CSM students, faculty, and staff; use OneLogin to access