History of the Makerspace
Construction for the CSM Library Makerspace was started on March 10, 2016 and was completed on November 09, 2018.
Inside the Library Makerspace
A quick look at Makerspace Tools and Services.
- Identify the need to invent, design, fabricate, build, repurpose, repair, or create a new derivative of some “thing” in order to express an idea or emotion, to solve a problem, and/or teach a concept.
- Analyze the idea, question, and/or problem.
- Explore the question or problem to find potential solutions.
- Operate safely.
- Assess the availability and appropriateness of tools and materials.
- Produce prototypes.
- Utilize iterative design principles.
- Develop a plan.
- Assemble effective teams.
- Collaborate effectively with team members and stakeholders.
- Employ effective knowledge management practices.
- Apply knowledge gained into other disciplines, workforce, and community.
- Be mindful of the spectrum of cultural, economic, environmental, and social issues surrounding making.
- Understand many of the legal issues surrounding making.
- Pursue entrepreneurial opportunities.